• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Baby Lakes dihedral?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AV25

Reaction score
I am at the point on my BGL project of wing rigging so I can measure for flying and landing wires. But I'm not sure if I'm doing it right. The plans say that there should be 2.5" of dihedral measured at the center of the top wing. It also says to strech a string across the front spar to get this measurement. The top wing is swept back and when a string is streched from one end of the front spar to the other it ends up way behind the front spar at the center of the wing. So my question is where am I supposed to measure to? The front spar or wherever the string happens to land (behind the spar) in the center of the wing?
I could really use some help. I dont want to measure for flying and landing wires, order them and find out that they are wrong.

Latest posts

Back