• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Beautiful Pitts S1-C for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AAflyer757

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it's time to sell my Pitts, in light of everything going on and eventually wanting to jump into an Eagle now is the time to sell. N155MS is a great little airplane, I have owned her twice! Fresh THOROUGH condition inspection by our own Smizo. Ready to fly and have fun. It's a great S1C with some new bells and whistles, she is light with an empty weight of around 770 # and that makes a difference, especially with the upgraded HP! A few forum members have owned this one and I'm sure they can attest to her build. N155MS shows very well, she is currently flying, well looked after and looks great in person! You obviously never get what you put into it, which I have calculated at over $34,000, I purchased her for $26k. The price Im offering for a turn key ready to fly Pitts S1C is $34,000.

SPECS: N155MS Airframe TT 1420

Recover and rebuild in 2003 with Ceconite recover with Aerothane polyurethane paint .

2019 Penn Yan Aero Overhaul 10:1 high compression Pistons Lycoming O-320 6 SMOH. Was putting out over 165HP on Fuel Test Bed.
2019 Catto 3 bladed Composite Prop Nickel Leading Edge 70" X 60"
2020 Trig TY91 Comm Radio, Trig Transponder with ADS-B Bundle
Inverted Fuel and Oil
Engine Driven and Electric Fuel pump
Raven Locking Tailwheel
Rotec Throttle Body
2019 New Lightweight Sky-Tec Starter
New brakes last year and rubber is in good shape
Canopy and Floor glass
Sighting Device
Extras- 6 quarts oil, battery retainer, tow rope, Clarity aloft headset.

Nice matching Softie parachute included repacked March 2020

I WILL be continuing to fly her until she sells, so the times will adjust. Hoping to make it down to PA in June for a couple practice days.

Feel free to email me at [email protected] . I'll do my best to keep up with forum replies. I would prefer to sell on the biplaneforum but ill put it on barnstormers by the end of the week.

Thanks, Ruben
IMG_1936.jpeg
IMG_1788.jpeg
IMG_1191.JPG
IMG_1663.jpg
IMG_1731.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back