• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Belt set

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 8 year old grandson just graduated from a mini 15 mph 4-wheeler to a 40 mph 10 hp go-kart. He has had it for 2 hrs. and almost rolled it twice :( It has a good roll cage but lap belt only. I am looking for a very well used (cheap) lap / shoulder belt set to keep him in the kart when he rolls it over.
It does have to be something I can adjust down to his size. He is 5' 2" and 105 lbs.
Thank you,

biplanebob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you know anyone in auto racing, they may have some used Simpson quality harness for sale cheap. If I remember correctly, most motorsports sanctioning bodies have life limits on seat belt and harness age.

Bob

ebay ?

Last edited:

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score

biplanebob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
whatever the cost....it is much cheaper than a trip to the ER !

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Drag racing guys also have a life limit on their harnesses. I acquired a new looking 5 point for my ultra light for $35.

Last edited:

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry, is there somewhere to get these used belts or is it necessary I befriend a down and out drag racer :)

Also;
"I'm a second hand vegetarian, Cows eat grass, I eat cows."

My wife loves this stuff, ask's me every week or so if you have a new one posted :)

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Bob, I think I've got an out of date set at the shop. I'll make a note and go look tomorrow and let you know. Probably blue, that ok?
Going to the flyin at 9N7 next week?
Mark

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1491759243.886098.jpg
Randy, will this work?
Send me your address.
Mark

pigpenracing

Reaction score
That looks like a 3" wide harness. Going to be pretty big and bulky for a kid. You need a 1 3/4 or 2" harness. Look at Crow Safety, I am ordering some new Breezy lap belts from them today. Good quality and reasonable.

cwspilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Circle track guys also have a life limit on their belts. Wish I wouldve saved the 5 sets I went through. Most looked near new when I had to pull them.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Race 38 solved my belt/harness delima and he even color coordinated them to the same color as the kart. Thank you Mark.
As far as belt width, my grandson sets in my AcroSport while I am working on it wearing my 3" belts and he seems quite comfortable. I also have a large selection of frame attachment points which may help.
Time will tell, thank you all for your comments.