• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

BF9-2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Dan just read your article in Sport Aviation Unfinished Business N81973, wonderful article congratulations on your accomplishment building a one of a kind airplane like this is quite a challenge that few people/builders are up to the task especially these days. As a guy that has built several plans built airplane I have some idea of what you went through, but my accomplishments are meager compared to yours and staying closer to the plans, than having to design and fabricate everything. I did shorten the lower ailerons on my SA-100, and build upper ones to match which was quite a challenge with no drawings, but to do everything on the airplane like that wow! Both of my sons helped me on my Starduster Too, and my youngest son Dan we both did a lot of work on his together, and now to have a son as your wing man does not get much better, so I have some idea of the feeling you had when your dad jumped it to help, and at the age of 86! Dave

Latest posts

Back