• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Big guy bipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

quesauce

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm looking for a fun build (yes, I want to build) bipe that can haul me around upside down. The complication is that I'm 6'5" and 260 pounds. I'm flying in a Super D right now and man is that thing uncomfortable. I'd like to build something that I can fly comfortably for an hour to an hour and a half and not worry about having to land with numb feet.

I'm not looking for serious competition aerobatics. I'm after something to burn off some stress and the simpler, the better. I'd be happy with a single seat. I'm fine with no electrics. I'm not a horsepower junkie, either. Honestly, an S1C (maybe stretched a bit) sounds about perfect to me but I get the feeling that I will be way too aft even with a bigger motor up front (and obviously over gross).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Would a modified S1C work? If so, what mods should I do?

Thanks!
Kevin

Latest posts

Back