• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Big Toot bottom cowling removed from plug today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonoftoot

Reaction score
Well, Friday I spent five hours mixing epoxy and laying fiber glass cloth on the plug I spent so many hours on the past few weeks. Today (Saturday) I started remove phase two from the plug! Wow, not easy, the area around the intake tube was tuffest and as you can see from my pictures, I totally destroyed the very expensive plug! But! Look how nice my new lower cowling mold that was created came out! It is funny, now I can complete phase three! Actually make the bottom cowling for Big Toot! This task will now be much easier than phase 1and 2. I also will build another jig to support the new lower cowling mold! AND, I can make future cowlings for you guys wanting to build Big Toot someday! Plans and parts will be made available! Enjoy my happiness with these pictures!

IMG_6683.jpg

IMG_6671.jpg

IMG_6672.jpg

IMG_6675.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6680.jpg

IMG_6676.jpg

Latest posts

Back