• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

bigger biplanes ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fairchild

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum! I have been trying to figure out a good biplane to
build from plans. I like the Hatz very much but I wouldn't mind something a little bigger. The Stearman is a beautifull classic but there
are getting to be very few un-restored ones to be found- and none at
reasonable prices. AND the Stearman is pretty heavy for it's size. A little
bit of a lead sled !
I would like to have something with a non-aerobatic wing (flat bottom)
to retain a low stall.
I don't want to go as old as ww1 replicas due to poorer flight qualities.
I like the krider-reisner type biplanes, the travel air, fleet, byrd , waco,
basicly rag/tube late 20's early 30's style.
Are there plans for a full scale waco (like the nu-waco) ????????
Fred Clark built a nice looking travel air replica and is supposed to be working on a hugeCAD project for it but I don't know how far along that is.
Is there anything else out there ?????

tim

Latest posts

Back