• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Biplane Only Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstreat

Reaction score
To all Biplane owners,

Please see attached PDF for an idea that has been floating around in my mind for a few years. Take a few minutes to review and let me know what you think. Add comments or send me an Email.

I have been a Contest Director 25+ times here in CO and TX over the years. Also Assist CD at NATS a few times.

I have discovered over the last 25+ years of competing, that many biplane owners/aerobatic enthusiast are intimidated at the contests due to the high performance monoplanes. Many times owners have told me that they would love to compete in there Waco or Stearman but will not due to the performance differences. They see no point in trying. If you noticed the aircraft lineup at the AWAC the last year, not one Biplane. AWAC is now the same as WAC. The little guy is out.

Let me know what you think. Is there is interest???

Jamie S. Treat
IAC 5, Chapter President
http://www.iac5.org
Kelly Airpark (CO15) http://www.kellyairpark.org
Elbert, CO 80106

Hm 303-648-0130
Cell 303-304-7937

Attachments

• North America Aerobatic Biplane Championship 2019v2 - Sanitized.pdf
    817.4 KB · Views: 164

Latest posts

Back