• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

BRAKE LINES

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

footloose

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a bit of guidance on the type of brake line for my Smith project . I'v got a Grove firewall reservoir / Matco master cylinders and / Gerdes brakes with2'' caliper . I have welded 3/8 X .035 bushings in the front legs of my landing gear (stream lined tube) to be able to run the lines inside and not interfere with the fabric covering . I'm looking at teflon/nylon from the master cylinders to the calipers and possibly braided from the reservoir down to the master cylinders , with a T , of course . I have a fairly tight turn at the upper end of the landing gear that would not be a problem with the plastic but a hard line would be difficult . Any ideas , toss um my way . Thanx

Attachments

• Photo2040.jpg
    Photo2040.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 64
  • Photo1963.jpg
    Photo1963.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 61

Latest posts

Back