• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Build space requirements

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkTrav

Registered Users
Reaction score
I know I should wait for the plans to get here so I can engineer it out for myself, but while I'm waiting....

What kind of minimum space should I plan to allocate to the build? I have a county T-hangar for my Bonanza. I think I have enough space on either side of the fuselage and tail of the Bonanza to fit the model 12 fuselage and wings. I know I won't have enough room for a fuselage with an engine mounted, but I'm obviously a few years away from that.

At home, I have a basement workshop, but only one 32" door to the outside. What kind of a door do you need to get a finished model 12 fuselage (sans attached tail) or wings in and out?

I know that I'd like the build to occur at my house, as I'll likely spend a lot more time building than if I keep it at the airport.

Latest posts

Back