• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bungee installation tool for Starduster wanted

Duster6213

Reaction score
Looking for bungee tool for Starduster Too
Located in Sidney, NY
Gary..607-434-2282

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To Buy or borrow?

I'll loan you mine. I made it myself copied off another one. The ends on my bungee truss are slightly smaller(or larger? diameter and I made my tool to fit them. You might have to alter/grind it slightly to fit yours?

I believe in my welding ability but you inspect and use at your own risk. You pay shipping both ways.

If interested PM your address.

Mine is unpainted in pictures but it has since been cleaned up and painted

Jack

PS. As I recall the one I copied was also a copy of a factory unit?

GEDC2790 (800x600).jpg

GEDC2785 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:

Duster6213

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm looking for one to buy, I'll be doing a lot of bungee changes in upcoming years, "if you gotta borrow it twice, you should own it"

starn11gy

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wag aero use to sell them, I have two also but do not want to part with one. Good luck!

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a good friend that made mine based on some pics and measurements I gave him. He's a professional welder. TFab in union city OK. I believe Spruce sells them also. TFab will make them for about 1/2 what ACS sells them for. I had him make me two. I used two I borrowed from one of the great guys off here. It was almost a non event with the use of two. I also made a very deep socket made so I could use air impact gun to install. Just tighten one alittle. Then the other back and forth so both sides stretch evenly. Not the only way, but two is the best.

mreinh3233

Reaction score
I bought mine from Aircraft Spruce. It worked OK, just be advised if you buy their's you'll have to clean up the threads to make it work smoother.

Latest posts