• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Butler Parachute Seat Packs For Sale

arcaviation

Reaction score
2 Butler Beta Seat packs for sale. Blue and Black. DOM 09.2012. One rig has B12 snaps the other has thread thru on the legs. Both rigs are in great shape with 12 years left on the recommended 20 year life cycle. Asking $1600 each.

Attachments

emingle

Reaction score
I would like to know if the thread thru has to be put on outside the aircraft? It’s hard to imagine getting into that chute in a Pitts.
Thanks,
Eric Mingledorff
(318) 331-0053

arcaviation

Reaction score
You can but I don't recommend doing that on any parachute. If your restraint harness has contrasting colors it would make it easier to determine what is the parachute and what is the airplane.

biplanebob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is recommended that a parachute be installed and removed outside of the airplane…..when emergency exiting the airplane, you only want to remove the seat belts and shoulder harness...…..

you don't want muscle memory to take over and remove the belts and chute at the same time.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Eric,

We used to do that with the old Security chutes, the Butler looks pretty similar.

emingle

Reaction score
Thanks Bill,
I’m just trying to understand how one can get into the thread thru chute in the cockpit of a Pitts. Looks like the only option for a Pitts driver is the chute with the B-12 buckles.
Just trying to figure out which chute to make an offer on,
I have 12 jumps and remember those B-12’s digging in a bit, although in an emergency it wouldn’t be a consideration.
Maybe I’m missing something here?
Really good to hear from you. We’ll have to catch up soon!
Eric

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I remember it was no problem for us back then, we had the adjustments preserved from the previous use and it was easy to thread the straps through the loops and get them latched as step one of strapping in. I would not use a chute that puts the buckles under the belts even if I'm a negative G wimp these days.

Yes, give me a call. Been working on the S-2A and the Howard lately. I need an update on your project. :)

Latest posts