• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Buy one Pitts get another free

N95334

Registered Users
Reaction score
I have two Pitts projects for sale. One was flying when it went over on it's back. Engine mount crushed, top wing damaged tail damaged and right gear damaged. It is short fuselage. The othe is a collection of parts. Appears to be factory fuselage. Have a pair of used D wings for it. Just about all peers there including factory inst panel full of inst. Need sheet metal for front of fuselage and need hardware. Have all wires though. Have three extra PS5c carbs.
Have one engine Lyc O 290 D2 that was on Pitts that went over on it's back on grass runway. Have good used engine mount for it.
I just don't have the funds to work on them after retiring.

Dennis McGuire
Jacksonville Fla
904-735-5140
[email protected]

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Does the fuselage you believe to be factory have the stamp on the left side fuel valve plate?

N95334

Registered Users
Reaction score
No, I do not see any stamp. It just looks professional made the welds and all. Now this fuselage the stringers go up to the inst panel. Guess you could weld in some L shape parts to bring back the sheet metal to the back of the seat.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Dennis,

Sorry to hear you need to sell your project. I've got a rudder that would fit that factory fuselage. ;)

Some photos of the parts would be a big plus, especially the long fuselage.......

N95334

Registered Users
Reaction score
It has all the tail feathers. Rudder appear factory but the horz tail are homebuilt. Gear appears factory made too. I struts appear homebuilt with the D wings.
I think I was going to buy the rudder your are talking about for the crashed Pitts. The previous owner did a real bad job of trying to repair it. At one time I was going to put it together and give it to the Jacksonville Fla museum but that dream failed too.

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's right, the rudder was going to be for the damaged airframe.

N95334

Registered Users
Reaction score
Bill, what did you want for the rudder? Still have not sold the projects. My Taylorcraft was damaged in a taxi accident about two years ago and I still have not repaired it due to lack of funds. The guy who did it has not paid anything to help. The engine is the problem. With an alum prop hitting the Citabria's wing spar strut fitting I don't know what condition the 65hp Cont is in. The flange zeroed out and not bent but the crankshaft could be bent or cracked. Maybe I could sell the Taylorcraft instead and work on the Pitts. I would like the sell the broken Pitts to some young person very cheap to help out that young person. I mean almost give it away to the right person. I need to pay it forward for all what guys have done for me growing up with airplanes. I owe so much to many guys who helped a young man throughout the years. I am 61 now and know I will not finish all three projects.

Btro0515

Reaction score
If only i had the room or the means to get it up to ND...i would have LOVED to have been that young person

S2c

Reaction score
Hello do you still have the instrument panel and instruments?

Taildragger

Reaction score
Hey Dennis, do you have any pictures? Sounds interesting.

And does it include instruments?

Last edited:

N95334

Registered Users
Reaction score
Yes it has a full panel of inst. Needs a new engine mount too. I plan on using the (D) wings on my other Pitts project if I don't sell it also. I have a Taylorcraft that is damaged so I don't know to sell the Taylorcraft or the Pitts.

aerounlimited

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have an A65 400 sence major with chrome cylinders and a bunch or tcraft parts. May beable to work out a deal.

Eric
815-970-3716

Latest posts