• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Canadian Skybolt back in the air with a new and very happy Owner!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CFSOJ

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello to all

My name is Dave Muldoon and my Skybolt story started 25 years ago when I decided to build an airplane. I wanted to build one as my first airplane, however realizing that my complete lack of skill and aviation knowledge was pretty slim, I elected to go with the RV-6. Sadly life circumstances forced a move overseas and that put an end to my building. Fast forward all these years later, while having taken over a Wolf Boredom Fighter project, I discovered the original builder was selling his Skybolt.

So....while I build the Boredom Fighter, I am happily the new owner of C-FSOJ and fulfilling my dream to fly a Skybolt after all these years. I truly love this airplane and will be sadly parting with my beloved Fleet Canuck to make room in the hangar.

She won’t win a Lindy, was grounded for the last 18 months (properly inhibited engine), the fabric is almost 30 years old, which will be replaced in a couple of years, the panel is pretty basic, however, she is a sold airframe with a strong I0-360 and Hoffman prop on the front.

I will need to change the bungees, for which I have the tool, but would love to see a copy of the video that folks refer to on this forum, for the installation, if anyone has a link....

Have a great day

Dave 03832253-DA3A-40E0-95CE-255E853CD56C.jpeg

Latest posts

Back