• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Canopies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 220.45% completed
Reaction score
Not an endorsement, but I was doing a search on the internet and found this site. Looks like they've made quite a few different canopies.... Acro Sport 1, Christian Eagle, Pitts S2, Starduster, Ultimate 10-200, and Skybolt
in addition to many single-wing homebuilts.

http://www.toddscanopies.com/

Also a few tips on how to cut, fit and clean your canopy.

Always good to have options.

Skybolt
20070321_125541_steenvsnopy.jpg

Acro Sport 1
20070321_125610_acro1.jpg

I can attest to the S-2 canopy fittinga factory 2-place frame very well... Pleased with my first canopy attempt!

I highly recommend Todd's canopies based on my experience with Todd. He made a custom bubble for my F1 Rocket and it was perfect.

If you visit Todd's website, you will see my Rocket on his homepage near the bottom.

Todd made me a new canopy for my Eagle a few years back (the one on his website). Excellent product and very reasonably priced. I will use home for future canopy needs.

Marshall

Anyone had any Luck at Todds. I have made three attempts at contact, and even spoke to him, but no luck getting a quote or approximate production time.

Any recent success or failure to report?

Forget Todds. Try Airplane Plastics co.

Jeff at airplane plastics is a wealth of knowledge and very helpful

Purchased my Firebolt canopy from Todd.. The quality is good as is the fit... It did however take forevvverrrr !!!! to get it.

Got my S1 canopy from airplane plastics. Todd said he couldn't make an S1 canopy with his process. Very happy with the airplane plastics quality, price and service.

Does anyone have drawing showing the installation of a canopy that opens to the right. Including the hinges, release process etc.
Appreciate any information for the installation process.
This is Tommy Meyer and I am fixing to install my new canopy from Airplane plastics for my Big Toot and will have to fold it open to the right. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

I needed a replacement canopy for a Laser, and initially ordered one from Todd. Shortly afterwards, he was killed.

I later dealt with Airplane Plastics, and they made one for me. Not installed in a frame yet, but it looks good.

Miles

Hi everybody, i am trying to buy a Skybolt's Canopy with clear bubble open up and back in Steen Aero they will get one in 3 month more delivery to Argentina.
Someone have a draw or plans to give me, i wish to prepare my fuse before the kit arrives to Argentina.
Sincerely
Gustavo

Last edited:
Hi everybody, i am trying to buy a Skybolt's Canopy with clear bubble open up and back in Steen Aero they will get one in 3 month more delivery to Argentina.
Someone have a draw or plans to give me, i wish to prepare my fuse before the kit arrives to Argentina.
Sincerely
Gustavo

Why not purchase the plans from Steen?

They may have a 3 month wait on the canopy, but probably have the plans available for immediate delivery.

DSC_8578 (1280x857) - Copy.jpg

Gustavo,

I purchased the canopy plans from Steen Aero Lap and they sent them right out. I think they were only $25.00. Give them a call and ask for Cheryl Everette, I’m sure if you explan that you ordered a canopy with them that she’d more than likely get the prints out to you ASAP.

The folks at Steen Aero Lab are very forth coming with information and super easy to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back