• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Canopy for sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a canopy for a BD-5. It has been in a box in a cool dry place since 1973. The orginial protective paper has lost its adhesian. There is a 1 inch crack at one corner that I need to stop drill. Other than that it is in excellent shape. It is too narrow for a plane such as mine.so I thought I would give you guys a chance at it before I list it on ebay. I don't have a clue if a smith or baby lakes would work as it is rather narrow but I know you guys have other projects. It is 60" long, 18" wide and 14" high. Asking $100 plus shipping.

will

bd5 anaverary 020.jpg

bd5 anaverary 019.jpg

bd5 anaverary 018.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back