• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Carbn Fiber Props

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbonprop

Reaction score
17 lb all-carbon acro props for 360 Lyc.
Twisted Composites, LLC
Call Steve at 505-832-1148

Edited by: carbonprop

Steve, you would do well in this day and age by having awebsite...

For the folks who don't know Steve makes some of the finest Carbon props on the Experimental Market.

I love my prop I now have 65 hours on it and it doesn't have a ding or scratch on it from rocks or pebbles, and the LE abrasion tape is still original. I can speak enough good things about this prop for the Pitts S-1S. If my prop was still aluminum I would be adding dressing dings and painting my prop to my conditional inspection list. Not to mention my plane would weigh 780 lb not 763 lb like it does now. With a 5 lb/hp plane that is like adding an effective 3.5 Hp to your plane and reducing the gyro loads on your crank.

Steve, Nice looking website. I get so many questions on where I got my prop it will be great to finally give a website to those folks who ask. Keep up the good work

Bret

Edited by: acropilotbret

I bought mine used from a private party with only 25 hours on it so I don't know how much they are retail. My seller couldn't get the weight and balance to work out he was to far aft and had to add 14 lb of ballast to the nose. I however don't have a weight and balance issue as I only weigh 143 lb or 153 lb with a chute I already had a pretty forward CG with a aluminum prop. So shaving the 17 lb at the nose really helped me get my plane right at the middle of the envelope. I believe I have a 76-62 I will have to check the logs tonight.

I don't know for sure but last I talked to Steve they were somthing
around 3K about as much as one would spend on a NEW Sensenich wood or
Aluminum prop.

Bret

Randy said:
Where did you find a 10 lb. chute?

Must have been one of those great deals you see from time to time: Almost new... used once.... never opened!

Yup, Thanks scottly, Yeah I have an National 360. So I fit that bill easily and no it wasn't shady deal and no it hasn't been opened. Would I like a Softie, you bet they are comfy but my plane came with a chute and it works and I will continue to use it until I come up with $1300-1500 just lying around doing nothing or my re-packer tells me it is not airworthy.

hey, I bought a Strong Para-cushion for my S1 - well, kinda traded it for my Yak52 chair seat. Anyone fly with a Strong backpack - and can let me know how it works in the tight S1 ?

It's a back - not seat/chair/etc. but also not the wedge... the 1045-2

Am I gonna have to get a nice thick seat cushion?

Stuart, I can't answer your question as I have only used Nationals and Softies' You should ask the exploder they will likely have an answer for you.

Latest posts

Back