• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Caution !!! Scam Alert !!.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrislange

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

Aftermy post where I was looking for parts for our Skybolt somebody contacted me via Instagram and told me he saw my post here and might be able to help. He said he knows a dealer who helped him find the parts for his airplane project. He claimed to have a Stearman project. He then sent me the whatsapp number from the dealer. It is a whatsapp business accoount and in the description it says BAS Parts Sale.
He offered me all parts I was looking for. Skytec starter, SD-8 Alternator, EDM 830, Oil Cooler, ASI, G-Meter. He sent pictures of the parts. Pictures where some of the BAS website and some of google ... Thanks to the internet its easy to search for the origion of pictures šŸ˜„ Prices where all realistic and not those super cheap ones I allready saw from other scams.
He wanted payment via bitcoins ... first thing that made me sceptical. Then he has chosen a strange shipping company : EDF - HOME And said he sent the parts to them and they will ship it once he recieved his money ... I even got a email from this shipping company.
I told him I need a invoice before doing any payment. So he even faked an invoice from BAS Parts Sale !!!! With fake signiture of the BAS Sales manager ! After recieving the invoice I contacted the Salesmanager of BAS and he confirmed my suspect that this is a scam.
You cant imagine how much time and work they invested to scam me ! Its unbelivable ! Watch out.
I reported the guy who contacted me via Instagram, he stole the picture of some Car Dealer which I also found on Instagram and reported it to him also. He told me it has happened allready a few times that somebody stole his identiy ....
photo_2023-04-02_15-53-11.jpg
photo_2023-04-02_15-53-12.jpg
photo_2023-04-04_10-05-15.jpg

Latest posts

Back