• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Cessna 140

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Selling my Cessna because I don't really fly it anymore and don't need two airplanes.
1946 polished exterior with fabric wings
~3600 tt on airplane
~570 smoh
c85 with o200 crank conversion
all kinds of goodies on the engine... plane power alternator, oil filter, etc
wings recovered in 2003 with poly fiber
engine last overhauled in 2000
Annual due in August but I am willing to negotiate a pre buy/annual deal for serious buyers

have all kinds of info on it as well as a few pictures

asking $17,250. Will consider serious offers

Flying Ant

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi Nicko,

I'm not looking to buy it but I do like the C140s, can you post some pics here inside and out?

It might help inspire a bit of interest too.

Cheeers,

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The Boss just bought a C140 from a bankruptcy. Looking to get current again and maybe get my Daughter started in it. They are neat little airplanes.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Realized I need to go take some better pictures of the plane but here is a current one. They are great little planes for initial pilot training.

crankyklingon

Reaction score
My first lessons were in a 120 over 30 years ago. You're tugging at my heart strings.

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thanks Jim! It is a great little airplane

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Still have the airplane. Would like to trade for pitts stuff. Looking for a factory fuselage and other factory parts. Would trade for factory s1 without engine. s1e ok but no homebuilt components.

flyerrider

Reaction score
A S1E project was just posted on barnstormers for 6.5k here in California

nicko

Registered Users
Reaction score
Sold it and found a pitts project. Thanks!

Latest posts