• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Christen Eagle and Pitts S-1S 3D Printed Fairings For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've had several people ask how to get fairings for their airplane here at Osh. I've been ordering this stuff from a company called Shapeways. You upload a cad file and they will print it for you. They have very nice, high end printers. They also give you a way to set up an online store for your designs. Below is a link to my "store." If you'd rather deal directly with me, that's fine. Just PM me.

For those interested, keep in mind that this stuff is all new. There's not a lot of data out there for people using 3D printed parts on airplanes. So far, it's worked out pretty good for me, but I can't really claim that these are flawless, fully tested products. I've only got 44 hours on them so far. Just keep this in mind if you are thinking about buying something.

On pricing, you have the option of slowing the delivery time down for a cheaper price when you are checking out. I'd like these to be cheaper but they cost what they cost....

Feel free to ask questions if you have them.

Here is the link: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/grossl-engineering

Latest posts

Back