• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Christen Eagle Thrust Line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the thrust line was designed at on a Christen Eagle? I'm asking about a stock Eagle mount.

The reason that I ask is that I have a used Eagle mount that has a cracked tube. Other than that, it looks unharmed. I got to measuring and my measurements just didn't make any sense so I got our CMM guy at work to make me a CAD model of the mount. What I found was weird, at least to me. The mount has some right thrust built in to it. That makes sense. But, it also has some "up" thrust built in to it. That didn't make any sense, at least to me. Would that be to compensate for the engine sagging in the upright position? Or, is my mount just way more bent than it appears.

Now for the next question, what is the ideal thrust line angle for the Eagle, assuming the rest of the airframe is stock. It seems like it should be parallel with the longitudinal axis of the airplane to me, especially for an aerobatic airplane. I'm considering building a new mount, that I know is straight and I'm just wondering how it should be done.

Anybody got an S2A or Eagle engine mount drawing?

Latest posts

Back