• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Christen wobble pump

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jordie

Jordie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I am in great discussions with the inspector assigned to me by Transport Canada. He is not familiar with the Christen wobble pump acting as a primer pump, and secondary emergency fuel pump for the IO-360 in my Acroduster. He is trying to make me install a electric primer pump! I am getting very frustrated. His latest request is that I get the manufacture's fuel flow specs along with their described use for the pump. I did a fuel flow test at a normal relaxed stroke with the airplane positioned at a high angle of attack, and it is almost three times the amount necessary to keep the engine running. Does anyone have any idea where I would find such a thing? I am at a loss. I need to convince him very gently that this is common practice on many airplanes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back