• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Christen wreck on ebay

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What was the cause of the emergency landing I wonder?

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WoW...struck trees and returned to airport. That was first...then the engine quit and he had a off field landing. Yeah I understand why he choose to move on. LoL. How about this question...are those stock wings and ailerons just clipped or????

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC they are stock wings without the wingtip bow.

It was modified for a AEIO-540.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Has a big ugly rudder on it too. I had never heard of an Eagle being short on rudder. I am a fan of enlarging rudders on some airplanes, just not a fan of ugly.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I love the "now" clipped wings! Amazing what damage can be done in a heart beat by nimrods. A long time ago in a galaxy far far away I broke a heel on a parachute landing and the medic wanted to cut my Swedish jump boot off. I told him cutting it off wasn't going to fix my heel and taking it off wasn't going to break it more. I took it off. Painful yes but at $80 a pair in those days, a few hundred today, I was too tight to just let him hack away! LOL

Latest posts