• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Clarity aloft Wholly Crap!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Well alot of you guys know I am always dealing with pilot stuff and I got the oportunity to try a ton of headsets last week.
My Eagle is LOUD! Everyone who has been around my airplane tells me it is the loudest plane they have ever been around. It has a really big prop that makes a huge amount of noise because it goes supersonic. The 540 is pumped up and had 6 into 1 Skydynamics. It is so loud I get out from a 15 minute flight and my ears ring for 24 hours then hurt really bad. My S-2C was 10 times quieter.
Most anr's were overpowered. With the Bose/ Zulu etc I could not at all tell when I flipped the switch. The H10-13X and headsets inc kit are the only anr's that will tone it down any. I have not tried the headsets inc yet but I am told they work well with high noise.
I have been looking at the Clarity aloft and Halo for awhile but just really don't like earplugs. In my testing a regular earplug was quieter than the anr or passive headsets. With a headset on top of the earplug I could not make out the radio, and it got no quieter with the headset on top of the plug.
I bought a clarity aloft and chose it over the halo mainly because I like the earplug design and the music input was a big plus. I have been seeing more and more people in the acro community going to this setup.
I flew with the Clarity today and COULD NOT BELIEVE how quiet it was! They claim way quieter than regular earplugs and it is true. It seemed about double as quiet as a foam earplug. The noise level is now about the same as my 172 with a anr on. Really!
The music and communications are crystal clear while flying. No more big headset to strap on :)
I am 100% happy with my $525 investment. I NEVER thought they could be this good. I have tried a bunch af crap people claim to be the best. These are truly the best for my application.
Not sure why people use the CEP setup? I did this to get rid of a headset not add to it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back