• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Clean Pitts S1S wanted

Rob8002

Reaction score
I’m looking to buy a good example of a Pitts S1S but haven’t seen much on the market lately. I’m hoping I might be able to find a good lead on here. Thanks in advance.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I sent a PM. If you want a S1C I may let mine go. Its not the cheapest but is one of the nicest. Complete rebuild in 2012 by a professional shop. I see you are in Houston and I am just down the road.
Pitts N117TH.jpg
pitts build 2.jpg

Carey

Reaction score
I have a friend that has a S1C he is looking at selling if you are interested PM me. Nice looking S1C Pigpen!
Thanks
Carey

Thorpdrvr

Reaction score
Pigpens S1c looks like a very nice bipe! I am sure he could be pried from it, if the money was right $$$$$$$$! He probably could be convinced to sell it considering the looooong term ownership and attendant sentimental attachment he most likely has with it! Lolol

Rob8002

Reaction score
Yeah that’s an awesome S1C. I’m looking for something to grow into for competition.

taildraggerpilot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can be competitive in intermediate with an S1C.
Cory Johnson flies a C and I believe he took second place in Intermediate at nationals last year. It has more to do with the pilot than the airplane.

I had a beautiful S1C and it was more airplane than my ability. The S1C is the best landing and flying in my opinion. I had an S2A ,now an S2S, and it’s bad ass, but I still wish I would have kept my S1C.

I’ve seen a number of S1C’s win contests and I wouldn’t discount it just because it has two ailerons and the M6airfoil.

Rob8002

Reaction score
That S2S must be a mean machine! I’m sure the C is a lot more plane than I am pilot but I’d still prefer an S.

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Yep... I really like how the C flies. They are just sweet little airplanes.

Melndav

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've drooled all over Eric's plane since he started it, and it is, without a doubt, the nicest I've ever seen. Considering the Wolf Pitts sold for such a high price this one is an absolute steal as it has much of the same tech and was built by the same guy that built/finished the Wolf. Wish I had an extra $94k laying around. I think I could talk my wife out of the other 1.....

Tomcat

Reaction score
That Pitts is worth every penny of the asking price...that thing is sweeeet!!

grassroots

Premium Member
Reaction score
Considering the Wolf Pitts sold for such a high price this one is an absolute steal as it has much of the same tech and was built by the same guy that built/finished the Wolf.
The Wolf Pro is not sold. Eric's plane is equally as nice as the Wolf Pro, and I'd expect its performance to be 80% of the Wolf Pro for a smaller investment. That Wolf Pro is the nicest flying acro plane I've ever flown.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
at the price erics airplane is a steal. heck, i charge 42K for a set of wolf wings built, covered and primed. so you're basically paying for those wings, a super spanked up engine and he is throwing in the rest of the airplane for free. plus, its even the right color! i have seen the plane before it was covered and painted and its a great airplane. for a competition guy this airplane will get you into unlimited...... and you don't have to fly a silly monoplane..... ;) i don't expect it to be for sale for long........

Rob8002

Reaction score
Eric’s Pitts is unreal. I would be all over this thing but it’s definitely more plane and price than I’m ready for. But then again, just finance it 2x as long and learn to fly advanced

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciate all the kind words. . I really did try to build the best Pitts I could. I'm sure there are many things I could do better if I ever built another but that is part of the learning process.

I have not felt right about selling it ever since I placed the ad on barnstormers- it was a pretty quick decision that was not well thought out. I went to the hangar this morning and sat in it, looked at all the work we have done and cancelled the ad. This last year has been full of so much change, I think I am going to just let the dust settle and fly my little yellow Pitts for a while. To go this far and not finish it would be wrong.

I am going to be looking for a nice older Cessna 180 to use with the new business. I seem to be traveling more than usual and the big aluminum germ tube is just not going to cut it.

jmorgan

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Appreciate all the kind words. . I really did try to build the best Pitts I could. I'm sure there are many things I could do better if I ever built another but that is part of the learning process.

I have not felt right about selling it ever since I placed the ad on barnstormers- it was a pretty quick decision that was not well thought out. I went to the hangar this morning and sat in it, looked at all the work we have done and cancelled the ad. This last year has been full of so much change, I think I am going to just let the dust settle and fly my little yellow Pitts for a while. To go this far and not finish it would be wrong.

I am going to be looking for a nice older Cessna 180 to use with the new business. I seem to be traveling more than usual and the big aluminum germ tube is just not going to cut it.
Good to hear from you, Eric. I hope all is well. I’ve never drooled harder over an airplane than see yours and the wolf pro in your shop. Perfection.

Latest posts