• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

communications antenna

dentair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
used antenna, excellent condition, thought we needed a new one but we didn't. Type DM C63-2 WITH 41 INCHES OF COAX CABLE.
PRICE : $155.00

dent-air cell# 410 353 2622

Tomcat

Reaction score
My apologies for thread drift, but how did you come to the conclusion the antenna was not the issue? I have a similar antenna to this on the bottom of my plane and am having reception/communication issues. I’m looking to replace the antenna, maybe this would be a good option?

dentair

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After exhaustive testing, changing radios, etc, changing antennas, etc but switching off the radio while in the air and the static going away it was determined that the next step was to replace the alternator, which had been bench tested and said to be fine. The new alternator was the solution. So all radios tested and all antennas are fine.
Bill

Latest posts