• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Couple of Rigging Concerns???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjk51

Reaction score
Well there is no longer room for the wife's car in the garage.:D
wings bb.jpg

I started rigging the wings for the final pre-cover adjustments. Getting the I-struts and slave struts tweaked.
The right side wings came in great with one shim washer on the top rear of the I-strut. Top wing 0.0 degree dihedral and 2.0 degree incidence. Lower wing 2.5 degrees dihedral and 2.0 degrees incidence. Right at spec.
Left wing not so great. I feel like the proverbial monkey and the football here. Could use some advice.
I can get both left wings in spec for dihedral but the wing attach bolts at the lower left wing root have me lock in to about 2.4 degrees of incidence on the lower wing. I can "twist" that out near the wing tip to 2 degrees. If need be. My question(s)...Will a 0.4 degree variation in dihedral from right side to left side be unmanageable, unsafe ? Should I plug and re-drill the left rear wing attach fitting? My hunch is that even 0.4 degrees is too much. It seems the only other solution is the move the left attachment point. (Next time maybe drill the fitting when you rig it Mike).... :(

Latest posts

Back