• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Covering Material Wanted

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey folks, I want to recover the rudder on the Skybolt but don't want to order excessive amounts of fabric and chemicals. It's Stitts process and was wondering if anyone had any extra material from previous projects laying around they might want to sell. Would appreciate anything you might have.
thanks and best regards,
Brad

ironman43

Reaction score
Brad
What specifically are you interested in? The chemicals will incure hazardous shipping. I have some fabric I could part with and some tape. Don't know if I have any bias tape though.
Mark

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Mark,
Thanks for the reply. I need to recover my rudder on the Skybolt and I could use some:
Medium or heavy ceconite (2 yards or so)
Pinked edge finishing tape

Pinked Edge Bias Finish Tape for the radius

Rib Lace Reinforcing Tape

Rib lacing cordIf you have any that you'd like to sell, please let me know.
Thanks and best regards,Brad

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Think I have just about everything ready to go. Just need to order some chemicals, paint and some bias tape. Many the tape is expensive. Just need a little, not the whole role....Oh well.
Best regards
Brad

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Hi Brad
I have a roll of pinked bias tape here, let me know how much you need and I will put some in the post for you. Let me know if you need anything else.

Andrew

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's very generous of you Andrew. I'll measure my rudder this afternoon and let you know.

best regards,

Brad

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Andrew,
I measured and its approx 90". I'd be more than happy to pay you for the tape and post. Just let me know how much.
thanks again and best regards,
Brad

Latest posts