• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Crack in polyfiber finish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You guys have helped me by answering questions relating to my eaa biplane and specifically paint. I have another for you. I have rejuvenated the wings with 2 heavy coats that used close to 1.5 gallons and have fixed several hairline cracks by using mek and or rejuvenator to get the crack opened up and in some cases cleaned at least to polyspray or even polybrush and the brought it back up to top coat. I flew today for the first time since doing that and found a couple new cracks. They were along the bottom of the top wing laterally along the forward leading edge cover where the fabric goes from the leading edge cover to unsupported fabric. My question is can i put a strip of polybrush directly on the polytone, then place pinked tape over that area laterally? I was thinking of the lateral tape and normal build up to top coat as if it was attatched to fabric. It would be cosmetic not structural just to reinforce that line and hopefully keep that area from cracking. I thought i had read someone doing that but have been unable to find it.
Mark

Latest posts

Back