• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Craig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig

Reaction score
Hey all -

JGNunn posted about this site on the Homebuilt website, so I decided to give it a go.

Currently, I am building an AcroSport I. Got the wings and a lot of hardware from someone who donated the stuff to our EAA chapter (203 - Palm Beach County, FL).

Currently having to re-glue everything in the wings - the gent did not sue the right glue - too brittle, did not penetrate the wood. Everything is held together with large Bostitch staples, so its "pull the staples, sand, scrape, label, then reglue with T-88. Finished the center section, and currently have lower left wing to go.

The gent also used the "Super AcroSport" wing, so I am having to modify a few of the aileron bits to fit better. Love all the ball-bearing ends!

So - glad to be here, and glad to trade hints, tips, and suggestions with all.

Latest posts

Back