• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Critter's Lodge 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopmo

Reaction score
I took my 15 year old daughter to Critters Lodge near Centerville, Texas a couple of weeks ago (May 2-3). It was a lot of fun! It is similar to the big Reklaw fly-in in that it is held on private property where the runway is carved out of the woods. Wendall and Beverly Dillard are the owners and they really do it right with excellent food, real toilets with running water and showers. It is camping without the misery. I think I saw Brad there a couple of years ago in his Skybolt. Mine was one of only two biplanes there this year, the other being a Wichawk.

This youtube video captures some simple 180 hp Skybolt acro starting at 2:18 and my final flyby is at 5:07.

http://youtu.be/Jh8qhW_66qM

hangar.jpg

photo 2.jpg

photo 4.jpg

Latest posts

Back