• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Cubs and Biplanes making Vroom Vroom noise

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
While sitting in my Biplane making Vroom noises and Zoom Zoom noises, I thought I might look for an affordable Cub.

If anyone has one, please advise!

Best Regards

Airplanebarn

Slow building a Starduster Too . Love Tailwheel Fl
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Affordable Cub ... bring your truck and trailer ...lol
Sorry , just couldn't let that one go by ....
Hope you find IT !
Terry

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yea I hear you,

I know there ARE affordable TWs out there, but my wife loves cubs..

Give her what she wants...

I’ve found a few for the mid 20s. I’m not looking for a museum piece. I need my head examined for even thinking of it.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks.. I’ve actually run across a few cheaper. I’d really like to find a clean fabric job, metal spar with maybe a weak engine/Shot Engine..
I’d put together a stoker..
I’m not a builder.

ioneater

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has your wife gotten in/out of a Cub much? Champs are SO much easier to mount and dismount and are more comfy in general.

BeauxG

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What ioneater said. You'll get more choices in your price range with Champs and 7ECA's. That said, I wish I had a Cub style split door on our Champ.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yep,

Age old debate.

Tastes Great
Less Filling

Wheel
Three Point

Brunettes
Blondes

Or in my case “the one your with”

The Cubs always have a better resell, I know I know all the “other reasons”
My wife likes them, and I actually prefer how they fly.

I’ve also considered a Taylor Craft and Even a C140 but always seem to be hanging around the J3s and comparing all the others to her.

I think it’s time to do the Cub.. i really need my head examined! Looking at a 3rd airplane!

About like a 3rd wife! Now Nobody is going to be “happy” about the other 2!

Latest posts