• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Custom Pitts S2B For Sale

eechas

Reaction score
Advanced-Unlimited Powerhouse. 1995 Airframe 1225 TTSN, Lycon Engine 69 TSMOH, MT Prop 499 TTSN, Raven Wings, 60" ailerons, Square wing tips, Stewart Systems 3.2 oz cover. Custom single seat cockpit/fuselage bracing. Custom Lycon AEIO-540, Port/flow balance cylinders, 10:1 pistons, B&C starter/alternator, Sky Dynamics 6-1 Exhaust/Maxi Sump, Airflow Performance FM-290 Fuel servo, EI UGB16 EGT/CHT. MTV 9-B-C Prop, KLX135 NAVCOM, Bendix KT76A Transponder, Smoke System, 2 Softie Parachutes.

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
$40k.

(No not really. But if you don't post the price we get to choose our own.)

eechas

Reaction score
There are some photos on the Raven Website. I worked closely with Rob and Steve Wolf during the construction:
https://ravenaircraft.com/erics-s2-wings/
Here are some more photos:
https://djunaphoto.smugmug.com/Private/Pitts-S2B-Experimental/n-h8Jq4Q/

The plane is assessed at $65K. The engine cost approximately $60K. I would like to see $90K.

I've owned the plane for 10 years. I became a senior citizen this month and I have some health issues which prevent me from competing. I still fly and enjoy positive Gs. I am half in and half out as far as selling it. It has been an important part of my life. I would like to find a buyer who will really appreciate it.

Last edited:

eechas

Reaction score
Hi John Smutny. I miss coming up to fly with you guys - hope you are well :)

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Eric, yep, doing well. Sorry to see your beauty up for sale, was hoping to see it in our box again.

Pamw

Reaction score
It is pretty.....but a lottery win would be require to drop that much

Latest posts