• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Cylinder Selection Advice and other stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gents and ladys just looking for some advice. I bought Acrosport 2 N30803 back in the spring. Been working on some issues, but discovered a couple of weeks ago that I have 3 cracked cylinders. So I have decided to rebuild the O320 for my winter project. It is a 1957 narrowdeck engine from lycoming so the superior cylinders will not work on the case according to superior. So it sounds like I only have 2 other options, the Titan cylinders or the lycoming OEM. I know that Titan had some issues a few years back but have heard they have improved their QC. The price is much better then OEM or the Millenniums, but I will replace all 4. I plan on sending all the casees (case and acces case) and sump to Divco and the cam and crank to Rick Romans in Tulsa. I have a very experienced iA mechanic to assist and guide so I have that covered but just seeing what the opinions are out there. Additionally, will be adding a mechanical fuel pump, a regular boat anchor starter and a metal 74 56 sensich prop and alternator vs. the wood prop, and skytec light weight starter that was on due to aft CG weight and balance issues. I also have a Christen oil system to put on but not sure if thats worth it or not since I have a regular carb. I do have a pressurized carb that would need rebuilt but not sure its worth the expense or headache of setting it up. i am all ears for opinions and guidance!

IMG_0369.JPG

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back