• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Damaged Wings

Brookshire

Registered Users
Reaction score
Damaged Wings Hi. New to the forum.

I was given a set of badly damaged Christen Eagle wings, and I want to find out if they can be sold.

I don't know if they are of use to anyone, for parts or components? I have also removed the aerobatic sighting device from the strut.

Please, contact me via Personal Message.

Thank you

Tulio, in Brookshire, TX

IMAG0163.jpg

IMAG0161.jpg

IMAG0159.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0150.jpg

Brookshire

Registered Users
Reaction score
Make me a reasonable offer. I am open to offers, they won't go for.much $$

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Moved to Classifieds. Post an asking price.

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
One Million Dollars, or best offer. :p

Brookshire

Registered Users
Reaction score
Sorry, not yet familiar with forum rules. I have already sold the acro sight. Because I know nothing about prices, I will havw.to give you -to comply with rules- a price that is way, way higher than what would be reasonable: Four thousand, three hundred and six dollars.and seventeen cents. PM with your offer.

Saludos,

Tulio

jerr888

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi Tulio: Yes to pictures of "I" struts. E-Mail is [email protected]. However, your eyeball assessment is probably better! PS Won't use any parts if any fatality involved? Thanks, Jerry

Don Adamson

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with Jerry, I don't buy or sell aircraft parts that someone gave their life to produce.

Brookshire

Registered Users
Reaction score
No humans were killed during the procurement of these wings, or during the events leading to their mangled state.

I would guess then, that some of you would be -in keeping with your expressed principles- against human organ donation and.transplants.

Just for the record: I love aviation. If I died in my airplane crash, I would love for someone who likes flying and aviation as much, to use whatever parts from the airplane that remained safely usable, to employ them to further their flying passion.

That is of course my personal point of view, that I would have not offered unsolicited, but now as a counterpoint to your high and valid ethical standpoint on this.

Saludos,

Tulio, in Brookshire

Last edited:

lanceav8r

Reaction score
Does anyone here not drink a beer because the aluminum might have been recycled from a crashed airplane?

I hold up my can of beer and toast the people that provided me with the can of beer and say thank you.

The airplane parts are nothing more than metal airplane parts. Nothing more an nothing less. They cannot be haunted. I promise that if I ever have to donate my airplane parts to anyone here in this way I won't come back and haunt you. Ill just say cool, someone got the use of my part. Well actually I will say nothing because I am gone.

dustrpilot

Reaction score
Being a ex Eastern pilot, I have heard of some L-1011's that had reports of ghosts on them, only on the planes that had salvaged parts from flt 401, and it wasn't limited to Eastern airplanes. Rumor has it that once all of the salvaged parts were removed from service, no more ghosts. Not saying its true or not, just passing along a little airline folklore.

lanceav8r

Reaction score
dustrpilot said:
Being a ex Eastern pilot, I have heard of some L-1011's that had reports of ghosts on them, only on the planes that had salvaged parts from flt 401, and it wasn't limited to Eastern airplanes. Rumor has it that once all of the salvaged parts were removed from service, no more ghosts. Not saying its true or not, just passing along a little airline folklore.
I guess my beer was haunted then. That explains a lot.

jerr888

Registered Users
Reaction score
It's not that? I just don't want to benefit from someones misfortune! Aircraft or otherwise!!! Haunted never entered my mind! Jerry

Brookshire

Registered Users
Reaction score
It's not that? I just don't want to benefit from someones misfortune! Aircraft or otherwise!!! Haunted never entered my mind! Jerry
We could not have cheap produce were it not for the misfortunate cheap laborers.

I have been haunted by memories of events caused by beer ingestion : )

Still trying to forget her!!!

Saludos,

Tulio

Latest posts