• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Dave’s Acrosport II Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aerofan

Acrosport 2 Builder
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
“You don’t know what you’re doing, but you keep on doing it”. That’s what my phys ed coach use to say to me.

Around 2012 I realized a life long dream of getting my pilots license. Sometime after that I decided I wanted to build an airplane. I didn’t want to be like everybody else who was building an RV. I found Smizo’s site “anthriciteaerobatics” or whatever it was where he had photos of his Acrosport II wing build. I said, “That’s what I want to do”. It was a total disaster.

I have an often agrivating tech job at a major research university that seems to require my attention 7/24/365. It wasn’t the brightest idea to add more agrivation to my life by trying to build a plans built airplane with no experience wood working, metal work, etc.

Fast forward to September 2018. For whatever reason I went downstairs into the basement and started on it again.

(It appears I’m unable to upload images from my phone. I will have to resize them and try again this evening.)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back