• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Did not expect this ! Not enough throttle in spin

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdailey777

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I had a nice surprise I wasn’t expecting tonight. I just had put the plane into a left spin and was starting to push the throttle in to start the flat spin and noticed, hey why are the blades not turning ….. hmmm, opposite rudder, gain some speed, and turn the starter as the blades started to want to turn on there own and back up we went.

I know what happened as this plane has a past history with a low idle. The new throttle handle I added has a lot more leverage when retarding the throttle. I know we always harp on pull all the throttle out to recover from a spin but be aware that there could be the possibility of not enough. All was fine and it actually made for a great training flight. Definitely made this evening memorable

Attachments

• IMG_4776.MOV
    32.1 MB

Latest posts

Back