• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Drag/Antidrag wire sources and type

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinballwizzard

Reaction score
I have found that some of the parts vary wildly in price, the trailing edge for example is like $19 from Wicks while Steen has it for I think $99. I am ready to order my drag and antidrag wires and was wondering who people have used?

Second, there is a comment in the plans and on page 15 of the book that is discussing the difference between drag and antidrag wires. "The latter stretches when load is applied and will not serve to hold the wing structure in a rigid configuration against airloads." I would take this to mean that is why there is the need for both. But it could also imply that there is a difference between the wires in material or what have you. Yet the plans indicate they are AN703C of the proper length telling me they are the same material and that they are discussing the need for both wires in the wing and not saying they are somehow different alloys or such.

Latest posts

Back