• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Dual Tach Drive

craigw

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a dual tach drive. Does anyone have one for sale? I have not been able to find a new one. Thanks, Craig

craigw

Reaction score
They still list it, but dont have and can't get one. I called Wicks and they never called back, suggesting that it is no longer available.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am also looking for a cable driven dual drive that runs two tachometer It is a Stewart Warner Number # 669 R2 1 to 1 ratio. These were originally used on fire trucks back in the 60s 70s and 80s thae were also used on trucking equipment that required an additional tachometer at the control station for power takeoffs that ran a number of different accessories. Does any one know if these are still made or are in a surplus obsolete parts warehouse? I tried Googling it up on the net but could find nothing. Dave

SAM_0444small.jpg

SAM_0446small.jpg

TFF1

Reaction score
For the truck one, you might check the tractor restorers.

christopher

Reaction score
The dual adapter was also used with some electric speed sensors on automotive aftermarket cruise controls. I put one on a car I used to have back in the 80s.

DragonflyDH90

Reaction score
I know where there is a Stewart Warner dual tach drive D-778-T, it is a T drive with the two tach outlets 180 degrees opposite each other on the cross shaft of the T. Let me know if interested, the drive wont be much but the shipping will be a bit as it is in New Zealand (I would imagine still under US$100 for the whole lot, but would need to check)

craigw

Reaction score
Thanks! I'm willing to pay any fair price and appreciate the help. Let me know how to proceed. Craig

DragonflyDH90

Reaction score
Looks like it will be approx $70-$80 all up shipped to you.
Let me know if this is what you are after.

220063949.jpg