• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

EAA - And a Request for...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 220.45% completed
Reaction score

Just wanted to share this with everyone.
IemailedEAA last week asking them if there was any data on biplane specs.... by type including weight, climb, cruise, etc. Said I wanted to compile a list of these specs for anyone looking at building a biplane.

In my eamil I wrote... "I've been scratch building a Steen Skybolt for a few years now. In doing online research, there isn't much out there about building biplanes or performance figures on the different types.

What I would like to do is "survey" the existing population of biplane builders and compile alist of biplanes by type with engine and weights, listing speeds, etc onto one spread sheet to make it available to future homebuilders."

I went on to explain... Before I did any further research, I wanted to know ifthere was anything out there that existed. If not, how wouldEAA suggest I go about collecting this information ? Would it be possible to put a small blurb in Sport Aviation with my intentions and an email address ?blah blah blah.

I received a quick response from Charlie Becker (Director EAA Aviation Services.) In his email he asked me to give him a call to discuss several ideas he had that he wanted to bounce off of me.

I called Charlie today and spoke to him for about 20 minutes. Had a real good conversation with him. We ended the conversation with a few ideas and possibly a web page that I would come up with that would collect the data in an organised fashion. He said that they would include it in theEAA eHotLine with a possible inclusion in Sport Aviation.

I'm not sure how much correspondence EAA gets... Randy for one. Me another. EAAseems to be prettyresponsive to our requests. I see this from just these twopieces of communications . They have open ears.... We just need to ask them questions.

Latest posts

Back