• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

EAA Biplane Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marl

Reaction score
Guys----

I've got a good buddy here in Albany Ga that has an EAA Biplane P-2 rebuilder that he has no time to work on anymore.

Its a complete airframe----everything except engine/prop/instruments/brakes.

Matt has rebuilt 2 wings completely, has a 3rd ready to reinstall the hardware, and has the other wing and center section in storage (the ones in storage are in very good shape, really just need cleaning up, reprime and paint metal parts and replace hardware----this is what Matt has done to the others---and they are in excellent shape)

Fuselage has not been touched---has a couple of tubes that need to be repaired/replaced, but overall it looks to be in very good condition. He has taken fabric off parts of the elevators, rudder, etc.... to just get a look at the tubing-----it appears to have almost 0 corrosion on it (I was really suprised to see how good this tubing looks under the fabric!)

Plane had an O-320 on it---so the fiberglass cowl, etc.... are sized for a -320. It all looks really good----I'd guess that 90% of the cowling could be re-used with minimal "fixing". It's a good loo

He has all the flying wires, etc....

He has the registration, airworthiness, bills of sale, operating limitations, etc...but not the actual log books....

The story on the plane---as we've been able to verify----was built in late 60's or 70's-----flew for a number of years----eventually was bought by a fellow that removed the engine, etc... and resold those parts----then was used as a "display" plane hanging in a bar/restaurant for a number of years. The hanging and removal from the bar/rest.. is the source for a couple of bent or broken fuselage tubes (will be VERY easy to repair/replace)....no other damage history has been found.....nor does the plane show any evidence of an old boo-boo....

Guys------if I had the $$ just sitting around to grab it, I'd never let this one leave our airport! I've got tooo many projects between work/kids/family/Starduster/Rans/BK/Scouting/etc......... to add another, but If I could convince the wife, I'd grab this one!!!

He only wants what he paid for it---$2000........and that's a firm price. He just wants to get it gone, not give it away....

I'm trying to get some pics of it (Matt just called me a few minutes ago to ask me to help him sell it) and will post them here as soon as I can.

Email me for more info---- marlhalbrook"at"yahoo"dot"com
or call Matt at 229-881-1213 (he has his phone with him almost all the time---if he doesn't answer, leave a message, he's a veterinarian and is often not able to answer right away---but he will call back as soon as he can)

Latest posts

Back