• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Eagle and Pitts for $3000

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I saw the Eagle and Pitts on Barnstormers for $1500 each. I thought I found a deal. Maybe not. the guy emailed me these pics. I wonder if he wrecked them both? Maybe some good parts for someone???

two.jpg

two1.jpg

two2.jpg

two3.jpg

Nate

Preparation A thru G failed, now it's time for pre
Reaction score
If this is the same guy I think he buys salvages

gmann750

Reaction score
I also have picture of the wings from that eagle. I'm trying to figure out what happened to it. The wings are firewood. Tank and sheet metal look ok possibly, gear, wheel pants,brakes ,wheels, way cheaper than Aviat.

Skybolt31

Registered Users
Reaction score
Looks like it has the heater valve on it, that is probably $1500 at Aviat prices.

Last edited:

Brownie

Reaction score
I guess I could use some parts from it, but would cost a fortune to ship!

Brownie

Reaction score
Very true, well looking at the state of the Eagle, I doubt he walked away :-/

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like they ran into each other.

Danny

TFF1

Reaction score
Looks like a hanger fell in and got them both.

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wow... Not that is depressing X 2!

Brownie

Reaction score
That's such a shame. Never underestimate the power of Mother Nature I guess. Still wondering if this is worth a punt for parts?? If only I lived in the states!

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well looks like the Eagle has a serviceable spring gear. Maybe a fuel tank. There might be $3000 in there. But in two lifetimes I don't think I could acquire the skill to extract it.

Dennis Flamini

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Don,
Where did you pick it up and did you deal with John?
Any parts you are willing to sell?

Don Adamson

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Air Salvage in Dallas got the bid and parted it out. The guy in FL bought what was left after Lucky parted it out.

Latest posts