• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Earthx Lithium Batteries

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tomcat

Reaction score
So did anyone by chance stop by the Earthx booth at Oshkosh and talk to them about their lithium batteries? I spent a bit if time with them and with the little I know about lithium battery technology this one sounded pretty promising compared to some of the others that have been discussed on the forum. I want to make it clear that I am in know way endorsing the product or the company, just sharing some info that I learned about another lithium battery on the market that I hadn't heard of before.

1. Lithium iron phosphate construction
2. Built in circuitry which automatically balances cells
3. Circuitry provides over voltage and over discharge protection by actually disconnecting the cells
4. Normal 12V battery chargers can be used, not necessary to have a on purpose lithium balance charger
5. Widely used in the snowmobile market so apparently cold temp operation is adequate, although they did tell me there is decreased performance in the cold so they recommend a larger battery if more CCA is required
6. The size battery which is equivalent to the Odyssey PC680 (ETX36D) is only 3.9lbs

Here is a link to their website:

http://earthxmotorsports.com/product-category/experimental-aircraft/

I'd be interested in hearing any comments, concerns, observations as the lithium technology still has my interest peaked.

Latest posts

Back