• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Easy Eagle 1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny Canuck

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi People,
I just signed up as a new member to this group. I have recently purchased plans for the Easy Eagle 1biplane and am trying to do my homework before investing further time, money and other resources in this little bird.
Although it appears to be a "cute" little aircraft, it does not appear to have alarge following by builders.
I have been able to confirm that 3 have been built. One met its demise on its maiden voyage possibly due to being over weight and or underpowered. The second lost power on take off after being flown approx. 40 hours and is being rebuilt. the owner told methe engine just abruptly quit at about 700 ft. on take off and did not elaborate on the cause.The original has become. I think, a personal museum piece by its owner and designer. Another is currently under construction.
I would appreciate any feedback from those individuals who are familiar with this design or have done any research on it. Pros and cons are both welcome along with suggestions for an alternate airplane. TKS, John

Latest posts

Back