• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

ECI new angle Valve cylinders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

S111B

Reaction score
I am trying to decide which 540 series to put in my S-1-11B project. I realise that this has been beat to death on this forum. With ECI's intoduction of aftermarket angle valve cylinders, I ask if this then puts more pressure on picking a K or L series. Pro's of the K , L that I have heard are of the greater power and reliability than the parrallel valves. But then there is the weight issue and whether the extra power available is worth the decrease in rotationability.
But then other people say that the parrallel valve is more reliable. I am looking for atleast 320 HP.

Here is a link to the new ECI cylinder:
http://www.eci.aero/exp/cyl_anglevalve_pr.aspx

Of course I have nothing to do with ECI, I'm canadian EH!Edited by: S111B

Latest posts

Back