• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Edward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edward

Reaction score
Private/Instrument pilot with 200 hours but no time since about 2002.

Started a skybolt project in 1994, first plane project and first of anything signfigant that I have attempted to build.Not a whole lot of support back then, Hale was there and was very helpful but phone calls are just not the same as what you can get over the internet.

Got through the wings and basic fuselage, made many mistakes. Eventually they added up to a point that I just wasn't about to spend any more hard earned money on the project.But I did learn how to gas weld, and just overall learned a lot about building a tube and fabric airplane. I consider that one my practice project.

Took up motorcycling, rode the hell out of them, its gotten old so now itsback to building an airplane.

Agonizing over building an RV-8 or Skybolt. The level of support for the RV's is incredible, they are a great airplane and will do all i want to do with a plane...but....my heart is not there for it. I did send off for the info pack though.

Lots of great info on this site and I am amazed at the builder websites.....such detail, great photos, and great building tips, all available at the touch of a key.Nothing like that back in 94.

Latest posts

Back