• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Engine Air Filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First Condition inspection since the pre purchase/ condition inspection when I purchased it a year ago. I Removed the foam air filter and found a wire mesh cage underneath filter which is in great shape on sides, but has no mesh on front & to keep filter material from being sucked into intake. Someone has attempted to repair across the front by stringing very small gauge safety wire across and by doing so it is also collapsing the cage at the front. Not sure what was keeping the front of the foam from being pulled into engine in little pieces.

This Skybolt is equipped with a AEIO-540 so the air filter attaches to the front of the fuel injection servo, ???? I think that is what it is called. I did not measure the OD of the air inlet, What was I Thinking ???? Will Get measurements next trip to the hanger. In the meantime any Ideas of an air filter assembly I can change over to.

Is anyone using the Gamijectors in their Skybolt , We use them in a C-185 with IO-520 we fly and they work great. Just not sure if its worth it with very little cross country flying.

Thanks Jeff

Latest posts

Back