• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

engine mount problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vic Zubot

Reaction score
I have a Lycoming I0360 A1B 200hp engine and I have had two engine mounts made now by a reputable firm. The first mount I recieved the bolt holes on the dynafocal ring are over half a hole out and i can't get the bolts in. Also the cross tubes at the bottom hit the oil sump right in front of the oil suction screen. The second mount the dynafocal ring bolts line up but the ring hits the dip stick and the cross brace tubes at the bottom still hit the oil sump in front of the oil suction screen. It looks like I will have to make my own mount. I tried my friends Lycoming 0360 S1C mount and all tubes clear with room to spare but the bolt holes are again over half a hole out. My question is, are there different bolt hole patterns for these two engines? I know the dynafocal mount should be a type1 30 degrees.
Where is the best place to get a dynafocal ring to fit my engine?( preferably from someone who knows what they are talking about)

Latest posts

Back