• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Engine Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary

Reaction score
I am in the process of building a Steen Skybolt and will use a 4 cylinder Superior AEIO360 (185BHP) with an MT Constant Speed Propeller. I am in the process of laying out my engine mount but am confused on a couple of the dimensions. On sheet 12 it states that the front face of the prop flange should be 42” from the firewall. I have set up a dummy crankcase and crankshaft to that dimension, but when I check the distance from the firewall to the front of the dynafocal ring cup it comes out at 21”, whereas the plans state that distance should be 18”. I’ve also read in the Skybolt News (S1V2P13) where it states the front face of the prop should be 40” from the firewall.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

Has anyone come across this in the past and if so, which was the critical dimension? I would be interested to know the engine mount dimensions that others have used with a 4 cyl engine and constant speed prop.

Many thanks, <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place>Gary</st1:place></st1:City>

Latest posts

Back