• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Engine mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know none of you guys have ever had a problem mounting an engine, leave it to me . . . . :(
I need some direction from the professionals. This engine and engine mount were once a couple,
I split them apart when I bought the engine. Somewhere in the last few years the bottom of the mount has shrunk.
The first photo is the top right mount, the top left looks exactly the same, both good. Bolts, washers and nuts on
and centered in the mount cup.
The second photo is the lower right mount, the lower left mount looks exactly the same. Bolts, washers and nuts on
and NOT cup centered or even in the cup at all. Both bottom mounts are off by 1/2". The engine is not going to move
and I see no way to "spread" the engine mount an 1" to center the Lord mounts. The engine mount needs to be spread
apart 1/2" on both sides at the bottom ?? :confused:
Thank you,

DSCF0001 2.JPG DSCF0002.JPG

Latest posts

Back